CMAP Mobile App Testing – Foundation Level
CMAP Certified Mobile App Professional is a SIG brought together by iSQI, which is made up of international IT leaders that are working hard to establish standards in the area of mobile technologies. The first course to be developed by CMAP is “Mobile App Testing – Foundation Level” and will give its participants an excellent introduction and understanding of the topic through use of a large variety of exercises and examples.
Until now very little has been done in the area of mobile technologies and to introduce a standardized way of proving the knowledge one has in this dynamic field with a tremendous amount of variables. “With app downloads mounting in the billions and startup companies popping up across the globe – iSQI is supporting the implementation of general standards in the creation and usage of mobile technology” stated Stephan Goericke, CEO of the iSQI GmbH.
Apps and mobiles have become an important element of today’s society in a very short time frame. It is important that IT professionals are up to date with the latest developments of mobile technology, in order to understand the ever evolving impacts on testing, performance and security. These impacts transpire and influence how IT specialists develop and test software in their everyday work. A Mobile App Testing certified professional can support the requirements team in review of mobile application, improve user experience with a strong understanding of usability and have the ability to identify and apply appropriate methods of testing, including proper usage of tools, unique to mobile technology.
This course is aimed at professionals in the area of software quality and software testing, preferably on the level of ISTQB® Certified Tester – Foundation Level or with 2 years of experience in software testing: testers, test analysts, test designers, test managers (in relation to test processes and in contact with stakeholders) and managers.
A CMAP Certified Mobile App Testing Professional can:
- assist in adaptation of existing testing processes for testing of mobile applications
- support the requirements team in review of mobile application
- adapt existing testing experience and knowledge and existing way of testing web and other applications to mobile testing including user expectations
- identify and apply appropriate methods for testing of characteristics unique to mobile technology
- apply appropriate techniques for testing in a mobile application project
- identify and use appropriate tools to assist in mobile application testing including emulators/simulators
- assist the mobile application team in identifying potential test automation activities and corresponding tools
- improve user experience with a strong understanding of usability
- have the ability to identify and apply appropriate methods of testing including proper usage of tools, unique to mobile technology
- assist in identification of requirements of a test lab for carrying out mobile application testing